System Cybersecurity Specialist II/III (DOD CLEARANCE REQUIRED)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:We are seeking an experienced System Cybersecurity Specialist that will ensure all system and application deliverables meet the requirements of all DOD and Air Force Cybersecurity policies. This includes executing the system/application authorization and accreditation (A&A) process, to include assessing and guiding the quality and completeness of A&A activities, tasks and resulting artifacts mandated by governing DoD and Air Force policies (i.e., Risk Management Framework (RMF). This individual must be able to perform work that involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all system deliverables comply with DoD and Air Force cybersecurity policy, specifically DoDI 8500.01, Cybersecurity, and AFI 33-200, Air Force Cybersecurity Program Management.
- Ensure that cybersecurity policy is implemented correctly on systems by compliance with DoD and Air Force Certification and Accreditation policies, specifically Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology, and AFI 33-210, The Risk Management Framework (RMF) for Air Force Information Technology.
- Support activities and meet the requirements of DoDI 8520.02, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Public Key (PK) Enabling, in order to achieve standardized, PKI- supported capabilities for biometrics, digital signatures, encryption, identification and authentication.
- Recommend policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Conduct systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Recommend systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures.
- Recommend and implement programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
- Participate in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- At the initiation of the period of performance and throughout the period of performance of the contract, the qualified individual must ensure that, as a minimum, 100% of the total labor provided to deliver cybersecurity services are certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M standards.
- Ensure associated personnel performing cybersecurity activities obtain, and remain current with, technical and/or management certifications to ensure compliance as directed by DoD 8140 and outlined in DoD 8570.01-M, Appendix3, Table 2,2 AFMAN 33-285.
- Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ visions and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Level II - BA/BS, 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 3 years must be in the DoD, or 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications as described in the Functionally Aligned Job Descriptions, 5 of which must be in the DoD.
- Level III - Advanced degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 5 years must be in the DoD, or a BA/BS degree and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 5 year must be in the DoD, or 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications of which 8 year must be in the DoD.
Clearance: Top Secret
Location: Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas
Relocation Assistance: No
To apply for this position with us, please send your resume by clicking the "Email Resume" link below and put the position title and ID number in the Subject Line.