Project Management Specialist
Rome, New York
CYFOR Technologies is seeking an experienced Project Management Specialist to support the Air Force Research Laboratory. The successful individual will oversee tasks related to the new start and execution of USAF programs and contracts. The objective of this position is to provide full time Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) Programs and Contracts support to the assigned Program Manager at Air Force Research Lab, Rome, New York.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate must be highly organized, able to perform in a fast paced, complex environment and adapt to changing priorities. The following are just some of the key duties and responsibilities.
- Provide research expertise and program administrative support of Government activities with regard to procurements, schedules (technical and administrative), technical risk, user impact, and technology transfer efforts,
- Possess a strong understanding of DoD 5000.02, a strong understanding of basic contract types (CPFF, CPIF, CPAF, FFP, T&M, etc), Contract Award Types (IDIQ, SBIR, BAA, BOA, GWAC schedules, etc), Other Agreements (OTA, UARC, CRADA, etc), Proposal and general information solicitation, Contractual security regulations (DD254 requirements),
- Possess a strong understanding of DoD financial basics: How and when appropriation occurs Continuing Resolution, Obligation and execution durations allotted per appropriation (particularly RDT&E, O&M, and Procurement), Incremental v Full funding requirements, the seven RDT&E Budget Activities and a basic understanding of how execute differing appropriations under a single contract vehicle,
- Possesses experience with interagency arrangements (MOA, MOU, MIPR, 616s, etc) -Has experience working interagency programs and interfacing with customer; Program Managers, Comptrollers and Staff, Policy personnel, Security personnel
- Can author a technical statement of work based upon general conversations with a gov't program manager. Can formulate an acquisition strategy given a requirement and estimate of available resources. Can formulate a procurement strategy given a requirement and estimate of available resources. Has a basic understanding of SCI security procedures (particularly documentation procedures, document marking, SCG reference, etc)
- Highlight relevant information in contract deliverables, develop and provide program progress reports and briefing materials, assist in planning, organization, and execution of Quarterly/Interim Program Reviews (IPR/QPR). Assist in preparing program briefs and other program documentation,
- Perform financial management tasks such as monitoring obligation and expenditure rates for each contract, and developing and maintaining Phase/Expenditure Plans and earned value management. Prepare corresponding financial status reports that summarize overall financial progress broken out by CLIN (labor, travel, ODC),
- Assist with preparation, maintenance, and tracking contracts deliverables analyses and assessments to include Contract Quad Charts, milestone schedules, cost and other documentation to assess necessary actions to assure contracts are in technical, schedule and cost compliance,
- Conduct the preparation and maintenance of files, casefiles, e-casefiles, etc. for each contract including official correspondence, contracts, statement of work, original proposal and any subsequent modifications, official guidance, invoices, and all reports or deliverables,
- Conduct comprehensive archive management, including compilation, retention, logging, indexing, retrieval and storage of correspondence, presentation and financial files including briefings, final reports, technical papers and other documents,
- Work well with others in the organization as well as with outside agencies such as DARPA, USCYBERCOM, other government SETA teams
- BS in a technical field and at least 5-8 years of project management experience. Highly organized, self-starting professional, with a demonstrated ability to write reports and briefing materials as outlined above,
- Previous Acquisition experience and contracting experience is highly desired
- Previous work with the Air Force Research Laboratory, DARPA and a background working with military or civilian government agencies on contracting or R&D is highly desired,
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, Word), and familiar with Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint. Familiarity with TFIMS, WAWF, CLARITY, AFRL’s e-casefiles,
- Willing and able to improve or streamline current processes, where appropriate,
- Ability to travel is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Secret clearance at a minimum, TS/SCI highly desired.
To apply for this position with us, please send your resume by clicking the "Email Resume" link below and put the position title and ID number in the Subject Line.